The Lois Bryant House opens the same hours as the St. Francis House and offers all of the same services except a meal. We care for 3 long-term guests at a time and keep one couch open for emergencies as it is common for women to need to escape abusive or dangerous situations.
Warming and Cooling Centers are available to the general public during the building’s normal business hours. The public is allowed access to public areas, such as lobbies, restrooms, drinking fountains, etc.
- ARC (Activity and Recreation Center) 1701 W. Ash St. Columbia, MO 65203 573-874-7700 Normal Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Saturday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sunday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Open July 4th from 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Watch for notices of hours adjustments during holiday weeks.
- City Hall 701 East Broadway Columbia, MO 65205 573-874-2489 Normal Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Columbia/Boone County Public Health & Human Services 1005 W. Worley St Columbia, MO 65203 573-573-874-7355. Normal Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Columbia Public Library 100 W. Broadway Columbia, MO 65203 573-443-3161 Normal Business Hours: Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Friday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday: 1 – 5 p.m.
- Salvation Army 1108 W. Ash St Columbia, MO 65202 573-442-3229 Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Salvation Army Harbor House 602 N. Ann St. Columbia, MO 65201 573-442-1984. Hours: Daily 6 a.m. – 10 p.m
- St. Francis House 901 Range Line St Columbia, MO 65201 573-875-4913. Hours: Monday – Saturday: 7 – 8:30 a.m. Every evening: 7 – 9 p.m.
(NO ID REQUIRED)
The overnight warming center will serve as a refuge of last resort for persons unable or unwilling to access local emergency shelter services. City staff will continue to coordinate closely with homeless service providers to ensure low barrier access to overnight emergency shelter as the preferred option for persons experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
Cold Weather Emergency Shelter (NO ID REQUIRED)
RATI is available until April 2, 2023, from 7 PM to 8 AM Monday-Friday and 7 PM to 9 AM on Sunday.
We do not accept reservations by email or phone. Guests need to appear in-person at the shelter after 5:30pm to check availability (the line starts to form then). Speak to a staff member at the door to get on the list for the night. Or, bus service runs from Wilkes Blvd Methodist Church (where the nightly meal is served) to the shelter until 6pm. Check-in ends at 8pm.
Emergency and transitional housing for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault. (Women and children only.)
- Crisis Line: 573-875-1370
- Toll Free Crisis Line: 1-800-548-2480
- Physical mailing address
- Important document storage
- Shower and laundry facilities
- Sock exchange
- Temporary storage of personal belongings for up to 60 days
- Internet and telephone access
- Employment and housing information
- Trained staff to move folks out of homelessness
- Central location to meet with caseworkers, tutors, life coaches and mentors
- Prayer and Bible study
- Encouragement and support in life's most difficult times